Monday, May 15, 2006

Hello!

Well today was supposed to be the first day of working on the nursery, but instead i decided to just start blogging about what im going to do. Ha! I will give a quick breakdown of where I am with the project.

We decided to use the room with the most natural light for the nursery. Currently that room is our hang out / tv room. It is considered the room that design forgot. Its kindof a catchall room for all of our leftover furniture and Objects d' Art. I never really gave this room any attention b/c I always had hopes that I would have to change it to a nursery god willing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I have pretty much emptied the room of furniture and wall art. I need to fill in all the wholes with Dap, and then...tape, and then cap off the electrical and phone outlets... and then rip up the carpet and throw it away. Its an old brown carpet thats in pretty good shape but I want to install FLOR TILES!!!

The best part about this project is that I dont have to worry about spilling paint on the floor cuzz im ripping it up anyway. I will be painting the room an off-white paint called "eggshell". This paint is non-toxic and suitable for Baby. You can get it at Ecowise on Elizabeth behind Guerros on Congress.

http://www.ecowise.com

Speaking of painting, this brings up something that i have been wanting to express. Spare me the "Painting Party!" Give me a break. Work is work. And besides, do you really want me trimming out the living room with a paintbrush in one hand and a gin and tonic in the other? Now don't get me wrong. I am all about helping out my friends to paint. Just present it for what it is, a chore that I will certainly be rewarded with later down the road by means of a sushi dinner or painting help at my house. This goes for "moving party" too! etc.

Anyway!

After the painting is done I will install the Flor. I have been wanting to use theese in a room for sometime and now have the chance! I will be using two shades of blue, with pattern to be determined later. I will be using Baps Blue and Bijou Blue from the Toy Poodle line from DWR

http://www.dwr.com/productdetail.cfm?id=6521

The nursery floorplan and decor have been aprooved by mother and I am very excited to start ordering all the furniture and supplies. So far we already have our Rocker and our dresser / changing table. Everything else has to be ordered! Below is a picture of our Eames Rawr Rocker! more on the Rawr! Rocker later. Also I have a Mag table that my friend Ron gave to me because "He doesn't do maples anymore" lucky for me Baby will be doing a lot of maples and blonde woods in his room! I also put down the two flor tile colors that I will be using

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now then, here is a picture that i put together that expresses the feel and overall color pallete of the nursery. Alright thats enough for today. I will start to discuss montessori rules and what that means for decorum on my next post. stay tuned!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hey Gil. Welcome! I read your blog. Keep posting them. :o) Tell T hi for me. See ya'll soon.

5/16/2006 9:58 AM  
Blogger malita said...

As long as you don't have a "painting party" - get the fence done - oh and the mail box - oh and... wow Ward you got some work to do!

5/16/2006 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home