Monday, August 27, 2007

hello hello!

IMG_5113.JPG

IMG_5070.JPG

Guess who's One!

IMG_5020.JPG

We had a small family gathering at our house to celebrate the wonderful day. Theresa had the idea to plant a one year old tree in the backyard to signify the occasion. great idea. i planted it in the morning of his party and later we did a ceremonial "dirt on the tree" activity. oh my god, i just said that like a teacher.

IMG_5064.JPG

and we had everyone get behind the tree for a photo.

i gave akello his first haircut on his birthday, i had been dying to trim it up. he looks terribly cute.

before

IMG_4979.JPG

and after

IMG_5027.JPG

i did it with scissors. a snip here and there, and at the end of the day i had finished.

IMG_5017.JPG

today was the first day of school for me as a teacher. When peopls ask me ,"when does school start?" i now know why teachers say, "august 27th is the first day for the kids." its because, school really started two or three weeks ago. and its another tool for us teachers to let everyone know that its not all bbq's and ballgames all summer like so many people think. this is nothing new to me. both parents are teachers. my wifes a teacher.

this definitly helped with my first day, having so many teachers in my family. i found that i had taken a lot in over the years, especially the last 4 with my wife bringing it home every day. it was a tiring day, but ill go back tommorrow.

IMG_5104.JPG

tonight i am all about getting some relaxation. its been non stop for me for the past month. I remember when my mom would take a picture of my sister and I on our first day of school every year. i think im going to do the same for myself. theresa greeted me outside the house when i drove up. nothing is better than pulling up in your driveway to your wife and son playing in the front. AKELLO waved Hi at me today. that was a first. he usually waves and says bye-bye but never a wave for Hi.

IMG_5116.JPG

well, thats all for now. talk soon

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh he is so cute!Can't wait to see him again. Happy 1st Birhtday again Akello :) We love you.

8/28/2007 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, Happy birthday internet nephew!!! You are the cutest!!
Second,I hope you are doing well your first year/week. I'm sure you will do well.

8/28/2007 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey....I love your BLOG....I have mine up again..


http://lifesjournies-jalisa.blogspot.com/

9/02/2007 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

akellooooooo is so beautiful; i loved that fro! miss you guys! send my love to theresa please!
stephanie

9/21/2007 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home